Thursday, April 9, 2009

I had the strangest dream last night

I won't go into all of the details, because dreams are normally quite strange...

But I walked into an office of a business prospect with others from my company, in the normal course of business. Nothing different than a normal sales call.

But then I was introduced to the man to whom we were going to present our solutions. I recognized him, as someone who had hurt me and my family deeply. As I shook his hand, I pulled him close and whispered in his ear, "I remember you, and I remember what you did."

He pulled me close and whispered in my ear, "I remember you too."

Then, I woke up. But I really wondered. Had I really forgiven him, or did I just put it out of my mind? Did I harbor bitterness towards him because of the pain he had caused, or had I really cleansed my mind and heart, and allowed myself to be healed?

Bitterness and unforgiving is such a fruitless activity. It is such a disruption to your soul. It creates long-term ripples that hurt yourself much more than anyone else, though it can definitely affect others, too. I need to examine my soul, to examine my heart, and root out all bitterness, anger, and resentment.

Every day is a good day to forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment